How to Peel Peaches | Sugar for Breakfast: How to Peel Peaches
Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

How to Peel Peaches


Fresh peaches.
I love them in the summer. Pies. Tarts. Jam...I'm going to try that for the first time soon...and just eating them fresh. Love them all!
But if you are like me, trying to peel them in a pain the rear. I always use a knife or a potato peeler and get way messy, sticky, juicy, and lose all the great colored fruit right below the skin.
I was tired of it. I got to thinking about it and I remembered my grandma quick-boiling a fruit and did a little searching on the internet and realized it was peaches.
So that was that. This is the best way to lose the peel of the peach and keep all the fruit.

All you have to do is bring a saucepan of water to a rapid boil.
Pop the peaches into the boiling water for about 45 seconds to a minute (you are just cooking the outside, not the entire fruit) and using tongs place the peach in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
You should then be able to use you thumb and finger to pinch the skin and peel it right off.
There you have it! Fresh peeled peaches ready for eating or any recipe!


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...