Pork Spareribs | Sugar for Breakfast: Pork Spareribs
Image Map

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pork Spareribs

Nom nom nom!
That's what it sounds like at the dinner table whenever my hubs makes my favorite Asian-style spareribs!
He calls these "Khmer Ribs" because this is how he grew up eating ribs, and I'll be honest, I have missed out on these delicious things far too long. I'm so glad he makes them!
When Channa made these the other day I asked him to tell me how he does it.
It is honestly one of those "I just add what looks good" recipes. As all Asian food dishes go.
Understandable. I don't think I've ever seen measuring cups or spoons in any of his family member's houses.
So while watching him put these together, I tried my best to estimate and work with him to estimate just how much of everything he was adding.
If you try to make these, go with your eye if seems like a little too much or a smidgen too little.
They are full of garlic flavor. When cooked on the grill the char taste makes them so much better. But we have cooked these in the oven and they come out just as tasty.
My favorite side dish with to eat with these is sticky rice.


Spareribs (Khmer Style)
Prep: 10 minutes Marinate: 4-6 hours or longer Cook: 25 -30 minutes 

4-5 lbs Pork spareribs, cut apart
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp MSG
3 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp black pepper
3/4 - 1 cup oyster sauce

Place separated spareribs in a large mixing bowl.
Add minced garlic, MSG, sugar and pepper.
Toss with your hands.
Add the oyster sauce. More or less depending on how many ribs you have. Coat well.
Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate at 4-6 hours, or overnight.

Either place on a large cooking sheet or dish and cook in preheated oven at 425° for 30 minutes, or thoroughly cooked.
Or place on a preheated grill and grill over direct heat for 20-30 minutes.
Serve with sticky rice :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...