Orange Fluff | Sugar for Breakfast: Orange Fluff
Image Map

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Orange Fluff


Every great buffet has that delicious 'fluff' as I like to call it.
I don't really know if it has a proper name.
All I know if I love it. It is easy to eat it by the bowl-full and not realize how much you ate.
Until you have a belly ache.
Cherry fluff is great also.
I'll share that recipe later. I promise.
But I recently made a bowl of orange fluff and wanted to share the recipe.
It is one that I have had while growing up.
My foster-mother (long story about my childhood..yadda yadda yadda...) would make this for dinner on the weekends. I don't think I ate anything else on the plate!


Orange Fluff
Prep: 25 minutes Cool: 2 hours Serves: 12+

1 package orange jello (not sugar free)
1 package cook and serve vanilla pudding
2 cups water
1-16oz container of cool-whip (or 2-8oz containers)
1 can pineapple tidbits (drained)
1 can mandarin oranges (drained)
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 bananas, sliced

Combine orange jello mix, pudding mix, and water in a medium sized saucepan and bring to boil.
One at a rolling boil, remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
Place in the refrigerator to cool and thicken, about 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and beat until creamy.
Fold in the drained fruit and marshmallows, then the cool whip
Return to the fridge for another hour to set up.
Slice bananas and place on top before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...