Banana Bread {no oil} | Sugar for Breakfast: Banana Bread {no oil}
Image Map

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Banana Bread {no oil}

I always make a loaf of banana bread or banana muffins when I have overripe bananas hanging around.
I tend to stick to the same recipe time after time (which I need to post sometime)  but after cruising around Pinterest I am finding all kind of different banana bread recipes that I must try. One popular one that I keep seeing is from 8weekstoabetteryourecipes, which uses applesauce instead of oil and honey instead of brown sugar. So I gave it a whirl!
Now I love banana bread with that delicious brown sugar crumble. Obviously I have not developed a non-sugary pallet...so I will admit that I added some brown sugar to the slices that I ate. *sigh* the horror I know! It defeated the purpose of it being a healthy recipe. But I tried a slice...or two...without the brown sugar and it just wasn't doing it for me. But it is a solid recipe that can be enjoyed without it. My husband didn't mind one bit without it.
The only other change I had was that her recipe used whole wheat flour, but I didn't have any on hand, so I used white flour.


Banana Bread {oil free}
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 60 minutes Servings: 8 slices 

Preheat oven to 350°

2 cups flour (whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 overripe, mashed bananas

Lightly grease bread baking dish, 9x5.
Combine applesauce, honey, eggs, and bananas.
In another large bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture.
Combine well.
Pour into baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove to cooling rack.
Let cool at least 10 minutes in pan before inverting from pan.
Slice and enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...