Pork Roast {slow cooker} | Sugar for Breakfast: Pork Roast {slow cooker}
Image Map

Monday, June 11, 2012

Pork Roast {slow cooker}

My husband works 12 hour shifts.
He is working a 22 day straight rotation. (CRAZY)
Needless to say he is 6 days into the 22 days, then we are going on vacation...back to his hometown, Tacoma, Washington! YAY!
And he is tired and hungry when he gets home.
I knew I needed to prepare a hearty meal for him and I saw a pork roast hanging out in my freezer that I picked up randomly.
I haven't ever been able to make a great pork roast.
Usually I end up shredding it and squirting BBQ sauce on it and make sandwiches.
But I rummaged through my cupboard and found a can of cream of celery soup and thought it would work well with the pork.
I would have added baby carrots to it, but I didn't have any on hand, and I didn't want to go to the store just for those...
It smells great while it was cooking.
But best of all, Channa said it had an awesome slow cooked flavor and really filled him up! #winning



Pork Roast {slow cooker}

2 1/2 lb pork sirloin roast
1 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
5 red potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 good sized onion, quartered or cut into sixths
1-10oz can cream of celery soup

Place quartered potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
Separate the onion and spread over the potatoes
Heat oil in a skillet on the stove.
Rub salt and pepper over all sides of pork roast.
Brown the sizes of the pork roast.
Place over the onions in the crock pot.
Spread can of celery soup over the pork roast.
Cover, set on low and cook 6-7 hours.

You will have a very tender and great tasting roast!
If wanting carrots, add a cup or so of baby carrots with the potatoes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...